We’re looking for a driven and focused Finance Manager to join our Operations/Finance team for a 12-month fixed term contract. This is a full-time role, which is based at our office in the heart of Manchester (but with the ability to work in a hybrid capacity).
Join our talented team
This is a key role that sits within our operations department, working alongside our MD, external Finance Director and leading all our financial operations.
Your everyday and you
The role of Finance Manager is responsible for the overall financial operations of our creative agency. This is a varied role incorporating purchase ledger, sales ledger and payroll.
As part of your role, you will:
- Be responsible for the overall financial management of the company.
- Report to the Partners and external FD.
- Participate in the budgeting process.
- Manage financial transactions.
- Manage HMRC compliance.
- Evaluate and manage risk.
- Monitor and manage financial controls.
- Manage Customers: raising sales invoices, chasing purchase orders, chasing clients for payment.
- Manage Suppliers: Approving and processing supplier invoices, and paying suppliers
- Managing Compliance: reviewing VAT transactions and filing quarterly VAT returns with HMRC as well as managing any HMRC queries. Preparing and filing monthly payroll and pension submissions.
- Managing our team: reviewing, approving, and paying expenses and making salary payments.
- Reconciliation of accounts: keeping our accounting system (Xero) up to date and accurate.
- Reporting & Forecasting: daily upkeep of our financial forecast. Analysing our operational system from a profitability perspective and eventually assisting with Management Accounts preparation.
You will have:
- Gained qualifications (or be part-qualified) in either CIMA, ACCA, ACA or AAT.
- Experience within an SME environment i.e. working within a small business of less than 50-100 employees.
- Experience of Xero accounting system is essential.
- Experience and skill using Microsoft Excel is essential.
- Experience of running a company payroll is essential.
You may have:
- Experience working within an Advertising/Digital agency is preferred.
As well as a competitive salary, you will receive:
- Up to the equivalent of 38 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays). This is made up of 24 days holiday plus 3 days over Christmas, 6 life balance days (a half day each month to do whatever you want), and an additional holiday for each year of service, up to a total of 5 extra days
- Early finish on a Friday
- Private health insurance which covers pre-existing conditions, cancer care and gives cashback for routine optical and dental treatments
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Half yearly profit share
- £1000 for referring a new hire.
And we offer:
- Hybrid working and flexibility across our Manchester, Macclesfield, and Leeds offices
- Access to a personal trainer/nutritionist, free fruit, and breakfast
- Mental health support and access to professional therapists through ‘Spill’
- Twice yearly peer feedback and performance reviews, tailored personal development plans and objectives
- Access to industry accredited professional qualifications through our IPA membership
- Employee voice, we consult our people on matters affecting them and encourage participation in surveys, our suggestions box and employee awards
- A social buddy, monthly agency socials and events put on by our culture committee
- All supported by a culture driven by great work, team collaboration, passion, honesty, and mutual respect for everyone.
TrunkBBI is an integrated marketing agency focused on creating engaging, immersive and highly creative experiences for brands. We are a collaboration of some of the top names from network and bespoke agencies, brought together to deliver a boutique experience and service to clients.
Unique in our approach and our desire to do things differently, we build client teams that combine the best of abilities in design, dev, tech, content, engagement and performance. Our belief in our approach ensures we produce brilliant results for clients.
To apply for this role please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com