Would you like to be a part of an agency where your digital skills drive high performance accounts, where your understanding of organic and paid search, paid social and tech/web development enable you to lead client strategy and plans? Are you passionate about exceptional client service and being part of a team that delivers highly creative and profitable outcomes?
As one of the North’s fastest growing agencies and made up from some of the finest talent in the industry, we are looking for an Account Director to join our vibrant agency and be part of our award-winning team.
Join our talented team
As part of our Client Services team, you will work alongside development and performance teams to apply your skills to a wide portfolio of brands, across B2B and B2C sectors, with a focus on integrating multiple channels including organic and paid search, paid social, content and web development amongst others.
Our Account Directors are responsible for supporting the Management in the day to day running of client business and are responsible for using high levels of initiative to help devise and execute strategies, working with our Group Account Directors and Directors to take and re-articulate client briefs and create effective strategies to drive growth.
As part of your role you will:
- Lead client accounts within the agency, with overall responsibility for developing the client agency relationship.
- Work with the strategy team to interrogate client briefs, by challenging and asking questions, to develop communications briefs that meet business needs in an effective and accountable way.
- Support the strategy lead (where relevant) in writing inspirational creative briefs and going on to direct the strategic development of work, presenting and selling this effectively to client.
- Ensure the profitability and growth of client accounts.
- Build strategic relationships with key client stakeholders.
- Identify, develop, and convert new business opportunities with existing and future agency clients.
- Negotiate contracts and fees with senior client contacts, marketing directors and client procurement personnel, normally with senior finance team members.
- Manage the work, performance, and professional development of team members, for example their appraisal and making sure that the agreed actions from this review are carried out by the appraisee and the agency.
- Lead and inspire those outside of the core team, including creative and performance teams and those in other agencies working on the same account.
- Report key financial and team data to the agency’s senior leadership, finance and human resources departments.
- Maintain a detailed awareness of relevant market trends affecting their accounts, and developments in the wider sector.
- Prepare materials for pitches and attending these meetings.
- Help with competitor review analysis and able to appreciate what makes a campaign effective.
- Be involved in recruitment and selection decisions.
You will have/be:
- A solid background in digital/performance marketing and understand website development, PPC, SEO, analytics and paid social channels.
- Experience working as a Senior Account Manager or an Account Director in a comparable agency, ideally with a minimum of 4 years agency experience.
- Able to lead and inspire their team, the wider agency, clients, and other external partners.
- A good listener – for example able to appreciate how much the client knows about their brand and consumers and learn from listening.
- A great communicator – commanding the room in presentations for example, able to write persuasive and well-structured emails etc.
- The hunger to join a fast paced, high growth agency and become an integral part of the team.
- Responsible and accountable for their own and others’ work, delegating effectively (i.e., differently to different levels of experience and people types) to balance a varied and demanding workload, and appreciates that the team working well can achieve much more than any individual.
- A commercially focused mentality and be able to identify and unlock client growth opportunities.
- Experience working on new business pitches and a willingness to learn and develop further from senior people who run new business.
- Excellent attention to detail, written and verbal communication skills.
- Curious, knowledgeable, and passionate about their client’s business, and where and how marketing contributes to its success.
Your commercial awareness and skills will be well rewarded with a superb working environment, a clearly mapped training and development plan, the opportunity to work with a great group of people and a highly competitive remuneration package.
You will also benefit from the following perks:
- 23 days holiday a year, plus bank holidays and an extra day for each year of service up to a maximum of 5 extra days.
- A birthday duvet day.
- A company health scheme that includes your own private nutritionist, free breakfast and healthy snacks throughout the day.
- Life insurance cover.
- A work-place pension scheme.
- Team building, reward activities and all agency parties.
- Access to career development and training tools.
- Access to IPA documentation, training, and support.
In return for being charismatic, hungry for career development and for having the right skills to be part of our team, you will be given the responsibility to make a real difference to your clients, our agency offering as well as your own career development.
TrunkBBI is an integrated marketing agency focused on creating engaging, immersive and highly creative experiences for brands. We are a collaboration of some of the top names from network and bespoke agencies, brought together to deliver a boutique experience and service to clients.
Unique in our approach and our desire to do things differently, we build client teams that combine the best of abilities in design, dev, tech, content, engagement and performance. Our belief in our approach ensures we produce brilliant results for clients.